Bread
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bread

skeletons!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vector Illustration

Go down 
AuthorMessage
holliander
Teenage Dirtbag
Teenage Dirtbag
holliander

Vector Illustration Empty
PostSubject: Vector Illustration   Vector Illustration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:25 pm

So I've been thinking about vectors because I actually quite enjoy making them but I know Illustrator can seem like a huge hairy beast to a lot of people.
My friend puts together this burlesque/comedy show (linked so you can see the old ones if you want) and I help her out by doing the illustrations for the posters.
I was going to try to talk about them in any kind of coherency with a bunch of screencaps but then I realized it really is just easier to watch so I took a process video!
I think in full from sketch to completion it probably took about 2-3hours? The video is sped up 300% so it wouldn't be like a 40 minute ordeal ah haha. Sorry I missed recording the beginning of it since I started it at work actually.

My original sketches for vector stuff are embarrassingly messy and sloppy since I know I'm gonna be fixing a lot in computer ah haha.Vector Illustration OLYik1x97gcmZAuhXi3yAUqMBNQGd6L9C__24czA6cQ=w672-h896-no
Then here's the final product!
Vector Illustration 7YPMd1D4b-AiFOaDwr1pDILDb2dC8XExYKsCw5qlHoE=w648-h864-no

I'm posting to process rather than finished since I actually very much enjoy this process, I find vectoring relaxing so I'd rather open a discussion about it.
I am by no means an expect but I'd be glad to help anyone who has questions.

To start off I basically do everything 100% with the pen tool. Since these are simple flat graphics it's pretty easy. A lot of pauses in action in the video are me stumbling around using keyboard shortcuts to move things, like when stuff will suddenly jump above or below something else. What I like about illustrator is it's really easy to keep things separated and except for when I did the butt fluff/feathers it was all one layer.
Back to top Go down
https://toast.all-up.com

Vector Illustration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bread :: Art Stuff??? :: Process + Help-
Jump to: